Saturday, May 4, 2013

I've enjoyed doing hardanger for many years. The table runner piece that was made to fit my buffet took a long time to complete but it was so worth it. Currently I'm working on a Victoria Sampler piece called Dragonfly Lace http://www.victoriasampler.com/Catalogue/VS_Samplers/p81Sampler.aspx  Back issues and tendonitis have slowed my progress down on this plus a new grandbaby's arrival, but I hope to complete it this year.

Another of my favorite things to do while relaxing is crochet. My grandmother taught me to crochet when I was a young girl. She made granny square afghans, doilies, filet crochet pictures of the Lord's supper and many other items. I have a few of her pieces that I cherish. I made an afghan for our grandson who was born this February.




1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world, Virginia! That VS piece will be gorgeous, hope you will be able to stitch more soon. Spring has just sprung here in Michigan so hope it will soon creep across to Minnesota!

    ReplyDelete